Everytime I start to feel down in the dumps for what ever reason I look up funny stuff on the web. todays web search was, "church signs"!! seemed like a pretty good subject since today is sunday and i just went to church. here is 18 of my favorites. enjoy!
1. "No God -- No Peace. Know God -- Know Peace."
2. "Free Trip to heaven. Details Inside!"
3. "Try our Sundays. They are better than Baskin-Robbins."
4. "Searching for a new look? Have your faith lifted here!"
5. An ad for St.Joseph's Episcopal Church has a picture of two hands holding stone tablets on which the Ten Commandments are inscribed and a headline that reads, "For fast, fast, fast relief, take two tablets."
6. When the restaurant next to the Lutheran Church put out a big sign with red letters that said, "Open Sundays," the church reciprocated with its own message: "We are open on Sundays, too."
7. "Have trouble sleeping? We have sermons -- come hear one!"
8. A singing group called "The Resurrection" was scheduled to sing at a church. When a big snowstorm postponed the performance, the pastor fixed the outside sign to read, "The Resurrection is postponed."
9. "People are like tea bags -- you have to put them in hot water before you know how strong they are."
10. " God so loved the world that He did not send a committee."
11. " Come in and pray today. Beat the Christmas rush!"
12. "When down in the mouth, remember Jonah. He came out alright."
13. "Sign broken. Message inside this Sunday."
14. "Fight truth decay -- study the Bible daily."
15. "How will you spend eternity -- Smoking or Non-smoking?"
16. "Dusty Bibles lead to Dirty Lives":
17. "Come work for the Lord. The work is hard, the hours are long and the pay is low. But the retirement benefits are out of this world."
18. "It is unlikely there'll be a reduction in the wages of sin."