Wednesday, November 21, 2012

"Wonderful, I love you!"

Hey everyone! An owner of a cafe in Portland Oregon has inspired this post. The past four days I had a great opportunity to visit a good buddy of mine in Oregon. On Monday, we spend the morning/afternoon in Portland. It was non stop pouring rain out as we walked the streets.We decided to seek shelter and grab a bite to eat at a near by cafe. 

We walked in, and the owner of the establishment greeted us with a warm smile and sat us down. He took our drink orders, and before he walked away he said, "wonderful! I love you!" to my friend and I. It sort of caught me of guard, but i couldn't help to smile, i wasn't use people randomly saying they loved me. 
After giving us a moment to look over the menu, he came to take our order. after my friend ordered he said with joy, "wonderful, you're beautiful! I love you" he continued to me, I ordered, and again he said "wonderful, I love you! both of you, I love you!" I looked over at my friend who was smiling just as much as I was. The owner then continued to explain why he said I love you...

"You see, isn't it such a wonderful feeling to know someone loves you?? It makes you smile. There isn't anything better than to go to bed at night knowing someone loves you. Which I know both of you pretty ladies do...you're parents!"  

I couldn't help but giggle at the silly statement. But sitting there after he said that, I could help but sit and ponder on the statement. "...there isn't anything better than to go to bed at night knowing someone loves you." apart from my parents here on earth, I know that statement is true about my heavenly father. 

I know Heavenly Father loves everyone that was on the earth, is on the earth today, and those who have not yet come to earth. He is always here for us, no matter where we are, or what we do. If you struggle with this notion that there is a God, and that he knows you by name, and loves you with all is might (which is a lot) I challenge you to pray, and  ask him. He will testify to you with a burning in your heart, an undeniable warmth in your soul that He loves you.  

You see, isn't it such a wonderful feeling to know someone loves you?? It makes you smile. There isn't anything better than to go to bed at night knowing someone loves you. That Heavenly Father loves you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment