Monday, June 9, 2014

What makes me, Me?

Today as I was sitting in church, I began pondering the question. What makes me, me? what makes me "tick" the way I do, what causes me to bend over backwards all the time for everyone, and what makes me even ask this question of what makes me, me?

The answer? God.

God makes me, me. God is the reason I tick the way I do, He's the reason I love what  comes my way, and He is the reason I am who I am. God has a body, but his spirit is in me, he's you, and he's in everything around us. He's given me everything so when someone asks me for my help, I know I'm being asked to be the Lord's Hands in that hour. We all have that wonderful ability. To be The Lords hands. to serve others. to love others when no one else is there to love them, to lift them out of darkness, to mourn with them through their sorrows, and to joyfully celebrate with them through their achievements. 

When I was baptized, I took upon myself the name of Christ, to do as he would, to follow him. He is the ultimate example of love. the perfect love. charity. how do we show charity day to day? do we say we are followers or Christ? or do we show that we are followers of Christ? without faith, hope, and charity...there is nothing here for us. no clarity, happiness, or purpose. just confusion and misery. I'm thankful for God, he's creations and me. I'm thankful for his plan, I know Christ atoned for me and you and everyone, so that God's plan would work. without Christ and his atonement, this would all be void. and we would be stuck at death. But God's plan is more brilliant. we will live again, with our families, with our friends, and with our Father in Heaven if we are faithful and hopeful and charitable here. and accept his gospel, His RESTORED gospel. To have faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, repent, be baptized by proper authority, to recieve the holy ghost by the laying on of hands, and endure to the end. and we are promised if we endure, we will have eternal life! is this not something worth living for? 

what makes me, me? what makes me "tick" the way I do? 

God, and his plan for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment