Wednesday, November 14, 2012

God is constant

Time is always moving, it passes within seconds. A lot of moments seem to flee from us, when we are planning what is a head of us. Time is what we choose to make of it. Time is constant. Time is stable. Time is fleeting. Time is maturing.

In that, I say it's been too long since I've written anything on here. It has almost been 7 months! holy cow! A lot has happened in that time. I could I novel about the 7 months of my life, but for some that would be a bit boring and vague. so I won't. 

God is constant. He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. God works in mysterious ways. I can't even comprehend how his mind works. He tries our faith continually. when we fail, he forgives us continually. when we are forgiven, he blesses us continually. It's a cycle that we go through over and over and over. Every time we go through the cycle, if we do so faithfully, and entrust the Lord with our out come, he teaches us something about life, and about his gospel. 

This summer was suppose to be life changing. And it was very life changing. But not how I pictured. What I thought was going to be a wonderful missionary summer, with many opportunities to share the gospel. to share with everyone i was working with this summer, that god loves all man kind, and does not reject anyone from his grace through His son's Atoning sacrifice. to share with them the plan of happiness. 

This summer became a time of trial. Tests of my faith, that I thought I failed...but I didn't. My understanding of the world and what's common in it, grew. I have experienced the world and its complexity, and found it cold and confusing.

The gospel in its fullest is simple and have found it warm, and enlightening. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is not just another religion, nor is it an American church. it is a restoration of the fullness of the gospel, the same as was revealed and taught from the beginning. We have one message: through a modern prophet, God has restored knowledge about the plan of salvation  which is centered on Christ's Atonement and fulfilled by living the first principles and ordinances of the gospel. which are, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism by immersion for the remission of sin, receiving the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end

I love this gospel and the joy and blessings that comes through following Jesus Christ. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment